Mt Kent Observatory’s MINERVA-Australis exoplanet search and characterization facility has achieved first light with its CCD imager and photometer and spectrograph, with early tests indicating it meets or exceeds the required specifications. The MINERVA-Australis project is led by A/Prof Rob Wittenmyer with key team members including Dr Duncan Wright, Dr Matthew Mengel and Dr Brett Addison. Further updates will be provided in coming months.
- Asteroid Prospecting Analysis and Classification (PhD scholarship, USQ)
- Exoplanet public talk (Dr Doug Hudgins, NASA)
- The Planet We Could Not Imagine: A Public Presentation by Professor Stephen Kane
- USQ Festival of Astronomy – July 2019
- USQ astronomical and space sciences research achieves highest rating