I am a postdoctoral Women in STEM Fellow at UniSQ. I completed my PhD on the magnetic activity and winds of young, cool stars at UniSQ in 2019, followed by a 3.5 year postdoctoral research assistant position in the Department of Physics at the University of Oxford and Fulford Junior Research Fellow at Somerville College. The focus of my research is on detecting and characterising exoplanets, particularly for planets on medium-long orbits, and investigating ways to mitigate stellar activity in stellar radial velocity and light curve data.
- Follow up of TESS single transit planet candidates with MINERVA-Australis
- Radial velocities and stellar activity mitigation for long-period planets
- Member of the Terra Hunting Experiment/HARPS-3 science team
- Investigating stellar activity using Gaussian process regression
- Astronomical Instrumentation
- Stellar Astrophysics
Dr Nicholson’s publications can be viewed here